Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Krishna Das Kirtan

I recently went to a Kirtan with my daughters. We went to see Krishna Das perform in Bridgehampton, NY. What an experience. We arrived early and were able to watch him practice. Without us knowing, people were lining up outside to come in and we were inside the whole time! Rachel, my 11 year old and I, went up to meet KD between his practice session and sound check. Wow! He was so gracious and, frankly, awesome! Rachel gave him a bracelet she made and he wore it for the whole show. We met up with him again later when he signed my book and met Rebecca, my 6 year old. I have to say, I don't get "star struck" too often. I admit I was giddy when I met Shiva Rea and had a loss of words when I met Dharma Mitra, but Krishna Das... well, that was just toooo cool. When I hear his voice, I can't help but think that if I could hear God's voice he would sound like Krishna Das. If you have the opportunity to go to a Kirtan by all means seize it and go. They are such wonderful experiences. The artist chants and the audience chants back - a call and response singing dialogue. If you have a chance to go see Krishna Das - call me and I'll go with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment