Monday, June 6, 2011

Create Fun and a Little Weirdness

Sitting at a light, I looked over at the Zappos box I was returning and "Create Fun and a Little Weirdness" was printed on it. What a good lesson to learn. Wouldn't life be a little better if we all took time to find fun things to do - especially if they are a little weird?

I like the word "weird". When I was younger, in my hardcore punk days, I didn't much like being called "weird". Now as an adult I can see the beauty in the word. In the dictionary Weird is defined as "suggesting something supernatural, uncanny, informal very strange, bizarre." Okay, not the greatest way to describe someone. I like to think of "weird" as out of the ordinary and different - not as severe as "supernatural and bizarre." When something is weird we can learn from it and enjoy the beauty of it. So when someone calls you weird, because you know they do, enjoy it and take it as a compliment. They are noticing how you march to your own drummer, that you don't feel the need to follow the masses and that there is a freedom to you that is a hopefully, contagious.

Embrace your weirdness and create some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment